It is springtime! Many insects – among them fleas are at their peak. Our pets can easily catch them by playing outside. There are many brands of insecticides on the market that are marked as safe for the animals, but simply using toxins may not be good for overall health of our pets. As the old saying goes, it is always better to prevent than to cure; therefore we have came up with few helpful tips on how to eradicate them in case you find yourself in such situation:
1. Vacuum clean floors and furniture at least once a week. Steam clean your carpets at least once every three months. High temperature and moisture kills flea larvae and pupae.
2. Use a flea comb to kill fleas present in the fur.
3. If you have a lawn, mow and water it regularly.
4. Don’t kill ants because they love to eat flea eggs and larvae.
5. Occasionally, on a sunny day, cover bare-earth spots with black plastic. The high temperatures will kill the flea larvae!
6. At least once a year sprinkle diatomaceous earth along the walls and under the furniture. It will dry out any insects that come in contact with it.
7. Use an herbal flea collar impregnated with insect-repellent herbal oils, rather than insecticides.
Comments are currently closed.